Job Summary:Responsible for improving the effectiveness of the Quality Management System while providing customer support. Ensure that the voice of the customer is understood and systems are in place to control manufacturing processes within a lean environment that will improve customer satisfaction while minimizing non-value added activity.
Major Responsibilities & Authority
Include but not limited to the following:
- Develop and audit IMS and FAI documents for accuracy and effectiveness
- Assess the risk of a process using FMEA methodology
- Revise QMS documents as needed to reflect process improvements
- Complete contract reviews on all new parts in your business unit.
- Improve supplier partnerships, issue and control closures of SCARS as required.
- Implement and maintain Process Certifications.
- Lead and support Quality Clinic (immediate response MRB) activities
- Inspect, verify and document dimensional requirements
- Decipher technical specifications and communicate requirements for shop floor use
- Instruct and mentor employees as needed to improve QMS effectiveness.
- Respond to customer driven CAR requests with appropriate and effective process improvements.
- Use Customer portal systems to retrieve and transmit technical data
- Obtain and maintain personal DSQR certification for multiple customers.
- Participate in D1 meetings and ensure we are building quality into the process.
- Select appropriate gaging on the IMS.
- Support Company-wide Lean initiatives.
- Associates technical degree or higher
- Ability to write clear work instructions and supporting QMS documents in English.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, engineering sketches, and technical documents to determine appropriate measurement methods.
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
- Clear communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to keep accurate records
Visual Quality System (training required)
Lean Management practices (training required
Customer trained and approved Designated Quality Representative.
The employee will be working in a shop environment with moderate noise levels. Safety glasses are required at all times.
The employee may be subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals.
Essential Physical Functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Eye exam certification required.
Equipment used includes but is not limited to: computers, gaging, fixturing, hand tools, and conventional measuring equipment.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Ability to follow documented procedures, work instructions and customer required records.
- 5 years of experience with a Quality Assurance function in aerospace environment
We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401(k) plan and much more. This is a great working environment offering stability and professional growth.
Whitcraft LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Please submit résumé to: