Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing is recognized leader in the manufacturing of high quality complex components in the Aerospace Industry. We are currently searching for a Quality Control Manager
Job Summary: Develop, implement and manage quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production of precision-machined aerospace components (consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals). Supervise control inspectors.
Major Responsibilities & Activities:
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Maintain ISO and other required quality certifications.
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
- Develop budgets for capital equipment.
- B.S. degree in Industrial, Quality, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering required.
- Minimum 7 -10 years related experience required, 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques knowledge preferred.
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
- Computer proficiency.
Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)