Plans and designs manufacturing processes throughout the plant. This position maximizes efficiency by analyzing all aspects of manufacturing processes. Determines parts and tools needed to achieve product specifications and business objectives.
Major Responsibilities & Authority:
Under general direction, performs the management of projects related to aerospace component engineering and manufacturing for new and existing parts and assemblies. Establishes manufacturing methods and process sequence necessary to complete parts. Creates inspection method sheets and first article packages. Initiates tool design concepts and maintains close feedback with other manufacturing engineers, shop floor personnel, management and related customers and vendors. Troubleshoots manufacturing problems and implements method and tool improvements. Writes rework and repair methods for non-conformances. Provides estimating with support when establishing quotes. Participates in discussions with customers and suppliers as required. May provide direction to junior engineers. Performs additional duties as requested.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, symbols and geometric tolerances based on military and commercial specifications.
- Able to process sheet metal assemblies and conceptualize developmental and production tooling.
- Proficient in any or all of the following software applications: Solid Edge and NX.
- Able to create operation sheets and models.
- Able to manage engineering projects by using MS Project and other MS Office products.
- Familiarity with specifications and requirements for aerospace component manufacturing that includes having knowledge of aerospace welding, coatings, heat treatment, machining and sheet metal fabrications.
- Strong math background including trigonometry and geometry
- Able to research, understand and implement new technologies for possible cost savings and process improvements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a team-based environment.
- Able to perform hands-on shop and design work.
- Programming experience would be a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or equivalent engineering plus five years experience or six to 10 years experience in an aerospace engineering environment.
- Must be able to understand and interpret complex blueprints, customer specifications, and engineering sketches.
- Must have excellent applied math skills (geometry and trigonometry).
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Visual MRP System
The employee will be working in a shop environment with moderate noise levels. Safety glasses required at all times.
Essential Physical Functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Computer, gaging, fixturing and hand tools
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques knowledge preferred
- Good communication skills required.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to follow documented procedures, work instructions and customer required records.
We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401(k) plan and much more. This is a great working environment offering stability and professional growth.
Whitcraft LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
The successful candidate will be local to Eastford, CT or willing to relocate very quickly.
Please submit résumé to: