Connecticut Tool and Manufacturing is a recognized leader in the manufacturing of high quality, complex components for the Aerospace Industry. We are currently in need of 1st and 2nd shift CNC Machinists.
Operates all types of CNC Lathes and/or Milling machines with little or no direction and provides mentoring to less skilled employees.
Major Responsibilities & Activities:
- Set Up and operates CNC lathes and/or Milling machines and related equipment where programs, fixtures, and methods have been developed.
- Makes all edits and adjustments as required to produce parts to work orders/blue print specifications/sketches.
- The ability to operate more than one machine in a cellular environment is required.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of feeds and speeds and a working knowledge of cutting tools and their application.
- Inspects work for all dimensional features as required.
- Produces quality and quantity of work in accordance with Company requirements. Capable of performing highest precision machining (tight tolerance +/-.0002).
- Responsible for accurately completing paperwork relating to counts, scrap, time, etc according to Company policy.
- Performs duties exercising good machining practices at all times.
- Maintains area, equipment, and tooling in a neat, orderly condition including operator maintenance sheets.
- Maintains coolant tanks and fills as necessary.
- Trains, guides and assists other employees as required.
- Observes all Company policies, rules, and regulations including good housekeeping, safety and security.
- High School or equivalent
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions in English.
- Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches.
- Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience as a CNC operator.
The employee will be working in a shop environment with moderate noise levels. Safety glasses are required at all times. The employee may be subject to hazards such as proximity to moving parts, electrical current, or exposure to chemicals.
Essential Physical Functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- CNC milling machines and other general purpose equipment and CNC inspection equipment.
- Various hand tools used in manufacturing.
- Gages, micrometers, calipers, dial indictors, height gages, dial bores, and other measuring devices as required.
- Miscellaneous fixtures, cutting tools and tool holders.
Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org