Job Summary: Direct and facilitate all Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) initiatives for assigned business unit(s). Responsible for maintaining OSHA compliance coupled with proactive programs that create a safe workplace and eliminate injuries.
Major Responsibilities and Activities
- Conduct site safety and environmental inspections
- Responsible for injury/illness recordkeeping & reporting
- Manage workers compensation activities including interface with medical providers and employees to ensure appropriate return to work activities.
- Lead injury Root Cause analysis with supervisors
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of EHS metrics and reports
- Oversee safety committee and awareness programs
- Deliver ergonomics and related safety programs
- Produce Physical Demand Requirement sheets for each job and participate in job safety analysis when necessary
- Responsible for the preparation of government reports and permits/certifications
- Review contracts/RFPs for EHS initiatives
- Conduct hearing conservation surveys and annual testing
- Oversee and manage environmental programs such as hazardous/controlled waste and spill prevention
- Deliver OSHA compliance training programs
- Insure that the facility is prepared for ISO 1401 audit
- Review and advise on proper contractor safety
- Ensure all contractors comply with company standards for control and disposal of hazardous and regulated waste, customer and industry quality specifications, OSHA and company safety regulations, and financial control procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring budgets are accurate and that actual expenditures meet or are favorable to budget. Analyze and explain all variances to budget.
- B.S. Degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or similar degree with 8-10 years’ experience in Aerospace Industry, with increasing supervisory responsibilities; combined EH&S and Maintenance background a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Must be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent computer skills are essential.
- Strong planning, organization, communication, leadership and customer service skills.
- Excellent project and program management skills.
- Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- OSHA 10-Hour or 30-Hour preferred (CFR 1910)
- Experience with ISO 14001/AS 9100 preferred
- TPM/Preventive Maintenance/Asset Management
- Hazardous Waste Management (RCRA/DOT)
- Lean Kaizen/Six Sigma/Green Belt Preferred
Mixed; shop floor & office environments. Often changes from one focus to the other with potential for 100% shop floor focus.
Essential Physical Functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit; use hands for fine finger work, reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop: hear and talk. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Some light lifting up to 25 pounds.
We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401(k) plan and much more. This is a great working environment offering stability and professional growth.
Whitcraft LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.
Please submit resume to: