- Provides first-level IT Help Desk support to internal clients across all aerospace manufacturing sites of the Whitcraft Group, via a combination of remote support and daily site rotation (limited to Eastford, Farmington/Plainville)
- Resolves hardware and software problems experienced by clients working with Windows desktops, laptops, iOS mobile phones, Avaya desk phones, printers, scanners, and other equipment supported by the IT Department
- Classifies tickets to appropriate category, performs at least an initial analysis of the problem or service request, resolves the ticket (~80% of the time) or where necessary performs hand-off to an appropriate resource if unable to resolve without escalation.
- Deploys new and upgraded hardware and software to end users while maintaining configuration standards
- Monitors systems that insure that anti-virus and patching systems are fully functional on all computers
- Balances quick response time with the need to prevent future recurrences through root cause/corrective action. Meets service level standards for time to resolution.
- Maintains high level of client satisfaction and manufacturing up-time
Qualifications (Basic Requirements):
- High School diploma and relevant technical certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional (or a relevant technical degree would be a plus)
- Must have proven troubleshooting experience with hardware and software (2-3 years’ experience preferred) and a practical, systematic approach to effective problem solving.
- Solid knowledge of Windows10 and Microsoft Office applications required (Familiarity with engineering design software such as SolidEdge and NX and/or manufacturing ERP software such as Infor Visual would be a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working with clients and other IT team members
- Excellent Communication Skills written and oral
- Position requires daily site rotation between Whitcraft in Eastford and CT Tool & Mfg in Plainville/Farmington. The ideal candidate will have a roughly equal commuting time to any of the Connecticut facilities. We will not consider a candidate with a one-way commuting time of greater than one hour to any of the CT sites. Please do not apply if you cannot meet this requirement. No exceptions will be made.
- Reliable transportation required. May include occasional travel to Newburyport, MA or between sites on the same day (mileage compensated) as well as after hours or / off-shift work. Position is overtime-eligible.
We offer competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, vacation, 401(k) plan and much more. This is a great working environment offering stability and professional growth.
Whitcraft LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.