Connecticut Tool and Manufacturing is a recognized leader in the manufacturing of high quality, complex components for the Aerospace Industry. We are currently in need of a CNC Programmer.
Plan and develop CNC programs for horizontal, vertical milling machines and cnc lathes. Process used primarily for manufacturing aerospace products. Program CNC machines using advanced cutting tools and technology. Design fixtures for manufacturing the products. Programming primarily using NX Software as well as Edgecam. Establish CNC programming Engineering Standard Work procedures as part of the development of a virtual modification tooling qualification system.
Major Responsibilities & Activities:
- Provide input on fixture design.
- Work on standardization of tool program within family of parts.
- CNC Programming of Lathes and Milling multi axis.
- Work with team to develop new part process.
- Interaction with all levels of management, engineering personnel, tool room personnel and shop floor personnel will be involved. Cellular Manufacturing.
- Read, interrogate and interpret customer and engineering blueprints and solid models.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, select the proper cutting tools, determine reference points, machine cutting paths, hole locations, compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures required to machine work pieces into the desired shapes.
- Write instruction sheets and cutter lists for a machine’s operator and controller in order to guide setup and encode numerical control tapes. Optimizing the tools.
- Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications.
- Revise programs to eliminate errors, check that problems have been solved, and/or to enhance efficiency.
- Contribute to a problem solving team of engineers performing process interrogation and root cause analysis improving and troubleshooting our current tool qualification system.
- Establish CNC programming Engineering Standard Work procedures as part of the development of a virtual modification tooling qualification system interfaced between NX CAD, NX CAM, Solid Edge CAD, CMM data matrixes.
- A.S. Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering or in a related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 5 – 10 years hands on experience in engineering and/or production support role in a fast paced, ISO manufacturing environment.
- Experience with NX, Mastercam, or Edgecam is a must.
- Fixture designed new cutting technology.
- Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques knowledge preferred.
- MS Excel, Access and Word a must
Connecticut Tool offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes Health Insurance, 401K and Vacation.
Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)