Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is a rapidly growing manufacturer/supplier of precision machined aerospace components. Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is ISO/AS9100 registered and our name is synonymous with excellence in quality. We are looking for an aggressive, highly motivated Quality Manger to join our team.
Job Summary: Develop, implement, manage and continuously improve quality control systems designed to ensure accurate production of aerospace components consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals.
Major Responsibilities & Authority:
- Identify and/or lead initiatives to continuously improve delivered product quality..
- Identify and/or lead initiatives to continuously improve Quality System compliance and efficiency.
- Manage and continuously improve workforce development initiatives that provide both technical and general management development training.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Supervise workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure high productivity and high technical integrity.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Formulate, document and maintain quality control standards and on-going quality control objectives.
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Create, document and implement inspection criteria and procedures.
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within Company.
- Provide, and oversee, inspection activity for product throughout production cycle.
- Apply total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes.
- Interact with vendors to ensure quality of all purchased parts.
- Maintain active role on internal Continuous Improvement teams.
- Design, develop and implement quality control training programs.
- Maintain ISO and other required quality certifications.
- Develop budgets for departmental expenses and capital equipment; ensure that departmental expenditures match or are favorable to the annual departmental budget
B.S. degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Quality Engineering desired.
Minimum 7 -10 years related experience required.
Supervisory / Management experience.
Knowledge of Quality Engineering inspection methods.
Experience with developing/documenting procedures.
Computer proficiency (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and Internet applications).
Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques knowledge preferred
Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org