Connecticut Tool and Manufacturing is a recognized leader in the manufacturing of high quality, complex components for the Aerospace Industry. We are currently in need of a Manufacturing Engineer
Major Responsibilities & Activities:
Under general direction, performs the management of projects related to aerospace component engineering and manufacturing for new and existing parts and assemblies. Establishes manufacturing methods and process sequence necessary to complete parts. Creates inspection method sheets and first article packages. Initiates tool design concepts and maintains close feedback with other manufacturing engineers, shop floor personnel, management and related customers and vendors. Troubleshoots manufacturing problems and implements method and tool improvements. Writes rework and repair methods for non-conformances. Provides estimating with support when establishing quotes. Participates in discussions with customers and suppliers as required. May provide direction to junior engineers. Performs additional duties as requested.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, symbols and geometric tolerances based on military and commercial specifications.
- Able to process sheet metal assemblies and conceptualize developmental and production tooling.
- Proficient in any or all of the following software applications: Solid Edge, NX, and SMP
- Able to create operation sheets and models.
- Able to manage engineering projects by using MS Project and other MS Office products.
- Familiarity with specifications and requirements for aerospace component manufacturing that includes having knowledge of aerospace welding, coatings, heat treatment, machining and sheet metal fabrications.
- Strong math background including trigonometry and geometry
- Able to research, understand and implement new technologies for possible cost savings and process improvements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others in a team-based environment.
- Able to perform hands-on shop and design work.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or equivalent engineering plus five years experience or six to 10 years experience in an aerospace engineering environment.
- Must be able to understand and interpret complex blueprints, customer specifications, and engineering sketches.
- Must have excellent applied math skills (geometry and trigonometry).
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques knowledge preferred.
Good communication skills required
Must have demonstrated mechanical ability.
Must be able to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Must be extremely detail oriented
Ability to follow documented procedures, work instructions and customer required records.
Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org