Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is a rapidly growing manufacturer/supplier of precision machined aerospace components. Connecticut Tool & Manufacturing LLC is ISO/AS9100 registered and our name is synonymous with excellence in quality. We are looking for an aggressive, highly motivated Account Manager to join our team
The Account Manager serves as the primary interface with Whitcraft Group‘s customers for functions related to sales administration, new business development, quotation submittals, pricing negotiations and overall account stability and vitality. Through this role, the candidate will gain relationships with decision makers in the key engine, helicopter, and airframe OEM’s such as Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Sikorsky, General Electric, UTAS, Honeywell, and Snecma.
Major Responsibilities & Activities:
1) Product Pricing: Oversee the customer Requests for Quotes and quotation Submittal: Screen incoming customer quotation requests and analyze them for strategic value to the group.
2) Account Maintenance: Monitor account performance with regards to profitability, delivery adherence, quality trends, timely and effective communication and general financial housekeeping related to A/R, inventory, terminations etc.
3) Business Development: Actively solicit business opportunities that support Company strategic growth plans. Conduct personal visits to customers as needed to build and enhance relationships with key decision makers in the technical and procurement communities.
4) Leadership: Communicate effectively with key customer contacts who span varying levels of management within the organization; investigate and evaluate proposed solutions to customer service problems.
5) Strategic Planning: Participate in the strategic planning process. Demonstrate the ability think ahead and plan over a 1-3 year time span. Engage in problem root cause analysis and problem solving at a strategic (as well as functional) level. Partner with The Whitcraft Group‘s management team to ensure effective new product development and support new product introduction (NPI).
6) Compliance: Observes all Company policies, rules, and regulations including good housekeeping, safety and security.
1) B.S. degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering desired.2) Desirable to have 5 – 10 years of Account Management experience with (1 or more of the following OEM customers) Hamilton Sundstrand, Sikorsky, Bell, Rolls Royce, GE, Pratt & Whitney, or Boeing.
3) Experience with developing and documenting business process procedures.
4) Cost Accounting experience strongly desired.
5) Strong computer skills (Excel / Outlook / Word) are a must.